Latest Posts

Rocket and Walnut Pesto

By 04:36:00

This week I've been experimenting! A good friend gave me two huge bags of rocket from his farm, so I decided to give this a go. Nice and easy and very tasty!



Makes 1 Jar.

Ingredients

80g rocket leaves
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
30g parmesan, cut into small cubes
Small handful walnuts, toasted

Method

1. Place rocket and olive oil into a blender or pestle and mortar and blend until combined but still quite chunky.

2. Add parmesan and garlic cloves and blend to form a paste. If the blender gets stuck, pulse it a little bit to break up the bits of parmesan and walnut.

3. Stir in lemon juice to taste.

4. Enjoy spread on chicken breasts and grilled, or with pasta.

Note: this is a recipe you can tweak to your taste. I added a little more cheese to mine (because you can never have too much cheese in my eyes). Play around and see what suits you!


You Might Also Like

0 comments